Sending a card, without any particular reason or occasion could perhaps be one of the nicest cards a person could ever receive. Especially during the age of social technology, where it can be so easy to send a text or instant message to another, without having to put much thought into our words.
Sending a card is a powerful method of reaching out, think about how many times an unexpected nice thing has happened to you – how did it make the rest of your day feel?
Messages of positivity offer a similar effect. When we give someone a compliment, we are spreading more than just kindness, we are giving them mini words of encouragement and positive affirmations to let them know they are appreciated just the way they are.
That’s why a card becomes a quintessential act of kindness, because there’s something so special about having that positive message in writing and when we engage in simple acts of kindness, we are also boosting our own mental and physical health.
Here at Clintons, we have compiled a list of inspirational messages to help you bring happiness to others.
So, get writing and who knows…your card might just end up being someone’s forever keepsake!
Words of Encouragement
With the recent global pandemic and current lockdown we’re facing in 2021, it can be difficult staying positive for a lot of people. Everyone has their own personal struggle, whether it’s bereavement, job loss or mental health anxiety – we could all use little words of reassurance to let people know they are not alone.
- Just sending you a little card to help you find your smile again
- Focus on yourself, trust yourself, take care of yourself and give your heart the kindness it deserves– just a little message from someone who believes in you!
- You’ve come so far by taking each day one step at a time and the fact you are getting through this makes you an absolute hero!
- Give a little love to yourself and remember it’s okay to do what’s best for you
- What is meant to be will always find its way, so in this time remember it’s okay to not be okay
- You can get through this; grey clouds won’t last forever!
- Here’s a paper hug if you need one!
- When the days all roll into one and it seems like things won’t settle, if you ever need to talk, I’ll be there to pop on the kettle!
A little “Hello”
You may just want to keep your greeting message simple – after all, a little says a lot! Just a small message will signal to your recipient you look forward to catching up soon.
- Just sending a little “hey” and a “hope you’re doing okay!”
- Fancy a cuppa and a chat soon? I’m only a phone call away
- This card made me smile and think of you, so hope it makes you smile too!
- As we keep ourselves busy with little things to do – I just wanted to say that I’m thinking of you!
The Power of Friendship
There is no greater feeling than having friends in your life, who you may not see that often, but the moment you reconnect it feels like only yesterday. Let them know how much you value their friendship, whether it’s a simple compliment, or mapping out some future plans together.
- Rainy days and bright ones too are nicer with a friend like you!
- Friendship is to the soul, what sunshine is to flowers
- Sometimes friendship is just knowing people are there for you…
- With sunshine and a special friend like you – there will always be a brighter side of life!
- One day soon we’ll be dancing on a dancefloor again, filling our glasses with prosecco and partying ‘til we pop!
- Cocktails, brunch, shopping trips and spa days – we’ll make memories again soon!
- Can’t wait to share some laughs, make some memories and pickup from where we left off
With lockdown having us all feeling fed-up, we could all use a little laughter from time to time. Say it with humour or a cheeky message to lift your recipient’s spirits.
- Just saying HI… now your turn!
- Thinking of you (in a non-stalkerish kind of way!)
- I think you’re suffering from a lack of vitamin ME!
- Sending you a socially distanced hug in a card!
- This card hopes you have:
- a great big serving of TLC
- the cosiest sweatpants
- found the best tv series to binge watch
- the best takeaway ever!
- And plenty of drinks in the cupboard!
However you decide to write your card messages, the important thing is that we all stay connected whilst apart. As many of us have not been able to see our friends over the past year, sending a card helps to keep relationships strong and gives more meaning to the concept of “we are all in this together”
If this past year has taught us anything, it’s that we will never again take for granted the time we share with friends and family and how important it is to check in on loved ones who may be struggling during this time.
To quote the late Captain Sir Tom Moore “The sun will shine on you again and the clouds will go away”