For teachers, saying goodbye to every generation is a mix of pride and nostalgia. At the end of the school year, the nicest thing you can do for your teacher is write them a thank you teacher card.
It’s not always easy to find the right words, not for parents who are writing a card for nursery or primary school teachers, and not for students that are searching for the best thank you teacher quotes.
Luckily, Clintons has you covered. Keep reading to get inspired.
Thank You Teacher Messages for Nursery Teachers
Nursery teachers give a lot of love to our little ones, whether it’s wiping their tears away on the first day, or distracting them with play after they’ve grazed their knee.
When you’re writing a thank you card for a nursery teacher, write it as the parent and let your child draw on it (even if it’s only doodling).
Here are some ideas of what you can write as the parent:
- Thank you for going above and beyond, and caring for my child like you would for your own.
- Thank you for all the wiped tears. Thank you for all the smiles. You’ve created a lot of wonderful childhood memories.
- Thank you for showing [name] what he/she can do. There’s no bigger gift than the gift of believing in yourself.
- When [name] talks about you, his/her eyes sparkle. Thank you for being a teacher that makes my child smile.
Thank You Messages From Parents to Primary School Teachers
In primary school, parents are often still the ones who write thank you teacher messages, especially for younger children.
Here are some thank you message ideas for primary school teachers from parents:
- If anybody deserves recognition for the person my child is growing up to be, it is you. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
- You gave [name] the best gift this year, the passion for learning. Thank you for that, we are really grateful.
- Thank you for all the caring and patience with [name]. We know he/she isn’t the easiest child in the world. We’re so lucky to have you.
- Having a good teacher is having a head start in life. Thank you for being there for [name].
- When you grow up, you forget the last names of your classmates, and you forget what you were learning about. But you never forget the good teacher that was always there for you. Thank you for all the good memories.
Thank you Messages From Primary School Pupils to Teachers
- I loved going to school this year. Thank you for being a great teacher.
- Thank you for teaching me to read better. I can do it myself now!
- Thank you [insert teacher’s name], for making school so fun. I’ll miss you!
- Thank you [insert teacher’s name], for showing me I’m good at math.
- I won’t forget how much you’ve taught me. Thank you!
Thank You Teacher Quotes: Message Ideas for Secondary School Pupils
In secondary school, writing a card is no longer a parent’s task. Thinking of the right message, however, can still be difficult, so we have gathered some quotes that you can use in your card to get the words just right:
- “The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future life.” (Plato)
Thank you, teacher, for pushing me in the right direction.
- “The next best thing to knowing something is knowing where to find it.” (Samuel Johnson)
Thank you, teacher, for showing me where to find knowledge.
- “I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. It might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.” (John Steinbeck)
Thank you, teacher, for being my artist.
- “What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches.” (Karl Menninger)
Thank you, teacher, for being there for me.
- “I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.” (Lily Tomlin)
I thought about a lot of things this year in a different way. Thank you, teacher.
We hope writing your thank you teacher card has become a little easier.
If you’re still struggling with what to write, simply browse our varied collection of cards and choose the right one for your teacher – easy as 123.