Diwali is the Hindu festival of lights, a five-day celebration of the victory of light over darkness, and good over evil.
It is the most important and joyful holiday for millions of Hindus, Sikhs and Jains across the world. The centre of the festival that usually starts in the second half of October is lighting. During Diwali, people decorate their houses with diyas, small oil lamps that make a magical atmosphere when night falls.
During five days of celebration, families get together, dance and of course, have a table full of delights.
Wishing a Happy Diwali is a big part of the celebration. To help you with Diwali wishes we created a list of message ideas you can write on a Diwali cart whether you’re celebrating or you just want to send Diwali greetings to your Hindu, Sikh or Jains friends or colleagues.
We hope you like them 🙂
When you’re writing a message for Diwali, keep in mind it’s a happy holiday, a time when people celebrate new beginnings. In a way, you can compose your Diwali wishes similar to the ones you would wish when you’re congratulating a happy New Year.
- May only joy, prosperity and happiness illuminate your life and the lives of your loved ones. I wish you a Happy Diwali!
- I wish you a Happy Diwali! May this auspicious occasion light up your life with happiness, joy and peace.
- It’s time for the lights! A house full of diyas, a sky speckled with fireworks and a mouth full of sweets – it’s time for new Diwali memories. I wish you a Happy Diwali!
- Where there is light, there is no darkness. May the light of diyas guide you and spread only happiness in your life. Happy Diwali!
- May this Diwali your life be as bright as the lights of Diwali. Let happiness guide you and your family forever. Happy Diwali!
- Have lots of fun with your loved ones. May this festival light up your life with happiness, joy and peace. Happy Diwali!
- May the Diwali lights illuminate your home and bring only joy to your heart. Have happy, colourful Diwali!
- There’s always room to make more Diwali memories! I wish you and your family a festival filled with love and happiness.
- May the light of the diyas guide you toward the way of wealth, prosperity and happiness. Happy Diwali!
- Have a bright and colourful Diwali! Let the light guide you to new beginnings
Happy Diwali Quotes Wishes
You can also wish a happy Diwali with a message that has a religious tone. We prepared some of them you can use.
- The sun does not shine there, nor do the moon and the stars, nor do lightning shine? All the lights of the world cannot be compared even to a ray of the inner light of the Self. Merge yourself in this light of lights and enjoy the supreme Deepavali.
- Many Deepavali festivals have come and gone. Yet the hearts of the vast majority are as dark as the night of the new moon. The house is lit with lamps, but the heart is full of the darkness of ignorance. O, man! Wake up from the slumber of ignorance. Realise the constant and eternal light of the Soul, which neither rises nor sets, through meditation and deep enquiry.
- Ram! The light of lights, the self-luminous inner light of the Self, is ever shining steadily in the chamber of your heart. Sit quietly. Close your eyes. Withdraw the senses. Fix the mind on this supreme light and enjoy the real Deepavali, by attaining illumination of the soul.
- May the festival of lights be the harbinger of joy and prosperity. As the holy occasion of Diwali is here and the atmosphere is filled with the spirit of mirth and love, here’s hoping this festival of beauty brings your way, bright sparkles of contentment, that stay with you through the days ahead.
- May you all attain full inner illumination! May the supreme light of lights enlighten your understanding! May you all attain the inexhaustible spiritual wealth of the Self! May you all prosper gloriously on the material as well as spiritual planes!
We hope we helped you in writing a Happy Diwali message that will bring even more light into the celebration.